Friday, October 30, 2009

The end of beauty


I'm just starting to load some of my previous work up. This small 30cm x 30cm art quilt was created for a cancer fundraising challenge run by unique stitching (who sell great textile art supplies). I was totally wrapped to find i won first prize in the beginner section, especially as it was the first time I had entered anything. The leaves are created from various synthetic fabrics (nylon organza, chiffon etc), angelina fibre, textiva and tyvek.


The tutorial section of my website has 3 tutes on leaf making here:


The tutorial section of my website has 3 tutes on leaf making (click here)



and to read more about this quilt and the thinking behind it click here

2 comments:

  1. I really like this - great work. I went to your old blog and read how you made it, but couldn't understand "liquid PVC bonded with misty fuse". Do you mean clear plastic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanlil,

    liquid PVC is what the girls at spotlight called a type of PVC that is really shiney on one side - like it's wet. You could also use plain acrylic felt for the backing but I liked the very smooth shiny surface of the PVC showing through the thinner areas of organza.

    A great book for heat techniques is 'fusing fabrics' by Margaret Beal.

    ReplyDelete