I've just learned that there are still a few places available for my full-day workshop "All that Glitters" where you will learn how to use Angelina fibre, Textiva (fantasy film), transfer foils, metal flakes and other bits of bling to add to your multi media / textile art and quilts. Book quickly - it's next Saturday the 8th!
We will make the quilt top for my new design "Tweet" picture below and you'll take it home ready to quilt (or frame for non-sewers).
If you're interested please get in touch with Doris Gloger of Altona's Seabreeze Quilters ASAP:email: email@example.com or call: 0430822285
|metallic foil satin stitching with transfer foil overlay creates the edging.|
Saturday September 8,
10am - 4pm
Cost $70 plus kit ($20) or bring your own as per the requirements list.
You'll find out:• How to get the best effects from Angelina - how to blend, change it's colouring and change it's iridescence levels.
• How to embed fantasy films, metal flakes and sheer fabrics
• How to attach them to a quilt backing pin free without having to apply lots of heat and flatten their colours.
• How to create a foiled border edge for your work.
• Take the completed top home ready to back and quilt or frame.
• The easiest ways to free-motion stitch with metallic threads.
Here's an alternate version of the same quilt with spiral quilting in the background:
I would love to see you there!